[Dailydrool] potty problems

Amy Baker fivebakers at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 16:54:19 PST 2008

I seem to have started a near riot with the potty question :)

Here are a few of the answers to questions i have gotten:
-he eats 3 times a day.  he was underweight and had worms when we got him.  we are feeding him this amount because it is what the vet recommended.
-he is pooping around 7 times a day and pees around 15 times. yes, he does eat a quality dry dog food without filler.
-he has been tested for a uti.
-there also seems to be a misunderstanding about what i said about crating him sometimes when we are home for short amounts of time.  we try not to let him roam around unattended, but there are times, like when i am taking a shower, that i can't be next to him.  i tried closing him in the bathroom with me, but he chews through rugs, toilet paper, shower curtain, etc.  times like this, i don't think that it is cruel to put him in his crate for 10-15 minutes with some treats and toys.   other than that, he is out and about at all other times.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support!  It's such a relief to know that i'm not the only one who has had a similar problem!

Amy

ps. Feel better soon, Winston!