[Dailydrool] Little Frannie is leaving the nest..... sniff....sniff

BubbaDoggInc at aol.com BubbaDoggInc at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 17:04:39 PST 2008

Little Frannie has made amazing strides in her short  life of 4
months........ thanks to the generosity of many Droolers and  basset lovers. For those who
are not familiar with her, she was born without hip  and knee joints in her
back legs, just one long leg bone in each leg. She was  left at the shelter to
be "taken care of". CBHR rescued her and placed her in a  wonderful foster
home. She weighed only four pounds and was in bad condition.  She was only a few
weeks old. She is now able to roll in the grass, play with  the other doggies,
hold her own with them, manage a ramp, and live a fairly  normal life. Of
course she has all the basset habits, after all, her idol is  Llewis.  She will
not require any more orthopedic care at the present  because of her amazing zest
for life and ability to adapt. The only thing she  hasn't mastered is getting
up on the couch. I'm sure she will manage that when  she gets a little
bigger. She now runs like a gentle breeze but will run  like the wind one day.

    She was the queen of the CBHR Howlaween Party but  removed her tutu in
the costume contest and was disqualified for indecent  exposure. She was just
adorable and everyone fell in love with her all over  again. She has touched our
hearts in so many ways and strengthened our resolve  to rehome bassets with
special needs.. We have placed dogs with blindness,  deafness, and other
physical disabilities but none has touched us like she has.  Every basset should
have a loving "Forever Home".

   We are happy to announce that Little Frannie has found  her perfect
"Forever Home" and will be leaving us tomorrow. Needless to say, her  foster moms
have been very picky about her new parents but we think we have  found the
perfect match. There will be many tears tomorrow as she leaves us but  we know she
will have a wonderful life and bring much joy to all who meet  her. She wants
all her friends on the Drool to know how much she  appreciates their help and
encouraging messages. Nothing can stop her  now.....

Dottie

Mom to: "The "Ratboyz"

Rusty Simon (Waddle King 2007)
Elvis Ray (the Wild  Child)