[Dailydrool] Still waiting

beachmoose beachmoose at windstream.net
Thu Nov 13 17:02:21 PST 2008

Hi  PwTasselhoff and Fizban,

I been waiting and waiting for that Fedex truck, I got my bed and my bowl, my red coat and boots and about a ton of Velveeta.  I dunno where that truck is, but when it gets here I'll hop in the big box and be there in a flash.  Do you all have turkey for Thanksgiving?  I'm pretty partial to turkey, y'all.  I like grits, too, 'specially cheese grits.  Mom says that's what makes my butt so big.  Like she's got room to talk.

Seriously, Mom got an email from Fedex two days ago and it told her all about how they could ship ANYTHING to ANYWHERE all she had to do was call.  I thought she was gonna explode she was laughing so hard.

Keep looking for me.  It isn't getting any better around here.  Mom keeps yelling about 'go Gators'.  If I ever see one I'll probably wet myself.  Then I KNOW I'll be hopping in that big old box.  Y'all got moose?  Mom is a moose freak.  She says they're like deer on steroids and don't see very well.  I think they look BIG and GOOFY.  She said I'd better watch myself or the elk would squish me, too.  You got bears?  Mom's four legger has a cabin in the mountains in New Mexico and they gots all kinds of bears and elks and wolufs and prairie dogs.  All we got are cock roaches big enough to put a saddle on.  Good news, though, all the wild roosters are eating the roaches.  I don't think that makes up for scratching up Mom's car.  Boy was she mad about that.  There was some kinda talk about parboiling and plucking.  Dad says you can't eat a rooster.

Dad tried to run one of those roosters over the other day when out of nowhere came about four million hens to protect him.  Mom says that must be one GOOD rooster.  So, why doesn't she cook him?  All I know is those roosters and chickens are a breeding and making more roosters and chickens and they're running all over the neighborhood terrorizing the cats and dogs and peacocks.  Dad says if anyone messes with his peacock it's gonna be fricassee. You got fricassee?  I don't think it's a southern thing.  Those roosters get on the back fence every morning and start that horrible racket.  Poor Mud is almost worn out trying to make them leave.  I think they figured out that he is all mouth, the big bully.  Ha!

Keep looking for me.  Let me know if I need to bring my own grits.

Sammie in Florida