[Dailydrool] TicTac's calendar day

Lainee Francis lainee09 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 09:27:52 PST 2008

Today, 11/14, is my TicTac's 12th birthday & calendar day.  Little did I know when I submitted her photo, that she would not be here to celebrate her birthday with me.  Sadly, on Friday, May 23rd, I had to send her on her finale journey that I could not take with her.

As I turned the page on the calendar and saw my beautiful girl looking back at me, the tears began to flow, and the pain buried deep within my heart reared it's ugly head again!!  How ironic that her first birthday ATB and the day she left for the Bridge would both be on a Friday.  Since she left, Fridays always were a little rough for me, but, today is doubly hard!

She was my heart and my soul--and life as I knew it with her by my side has changed forever.  There is always that one hound whose bonding is so strong with you, that you become soul mates, as was the case with my sweet TicTac.

I still grieve for my girl, thinking of her several times a day EVERY DAY! But, my sweet baby wanted me to move on.  She sent me my new 4 legger, Party Time, to help heal my heart.  I know she had all 4 paws involved in my finding PT.  I have had her since the beginning of August.  She is 6 1/2 years old and is helping me get through my days without my "heart dog".  She can never take my TicTac's place, but, she doesn't have to.  She has already found a place in what TT left behind of my heart.  Party's paw prints are securely locked in that piece of my heart!

So, my sweet baby, TicTac, here is praying you have a wonderful birthday on your cloud, eating at the buffet and having your annual filet mignon with a home made frosty paw for dessert.  You will always be with me--keep watching over Party and your Mom until we can be together NEVER to be separated again!!

God Bless you, my sweet TicTac.  Life is so different without you, but I know you have no more pain and you are romping around young, healthy, and happy with all the other wonderful hounds that have left their humans and your step sisters, Patches & Pockets.

Until we are together, just know how much Mommy loves and misses you.  Her tears still fall and her heart still aches, but her wonderful memories of you keep her grounded.

Lainee, Party Time, TicTac--(A new angel ATB), the Queen "B"
"B" for Basset, of course!
And "Patches" & "Pockets" ATB