[Dailydrool] Dogs & heaters

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Fri Nov 14 14:31:21 PST 2008

My house doesn't have any floor vents like Courtney's, but my girls love
love love to curl up right in front of the fireplace and snooze for
hours! But before they do, they will bark, bark, bark at the whole
process, from the time DH brings in the logs, through their thorough and
complete inspection of the logs, till the fire is fully burning, they
bark!  I have no idea why, maybe they're excited thinking about the heat
from the fire and the snuggles they get from any child who walks past
and sees them lying there. (it's irresistible, I tell ya)  My fat-cat
Choncey Beaureguard loves it more than they do, and I've actually had to
force him to move back away from the fire because his entire back and
part of his side was singed from being too close!  He didn't seem to
notice, and was apparently unaware of the burnt fur stench coming from
his rear end! Usually anything the cat does is highly exciting to both
Diva and Sophie, but when the fireplace is going, they lay in one big
pile of fur and ears and paws with kitty right on top.  I am hoping to
catch them in the act and snap a picture, it would be adorable on a
Christmas card!!!  Drool to all the sick houndies, and for the love of
doG, please, people...quit shooting our pets!  What is wrong with
people???

Jessica L. Sutton

Diva and Sophie say "Have a fan-Basstic Weekend Everybody!"