[Dailydrool] Heating Vents

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 20:35:01 PST 2008

Our apartment has the worst design ever in that they put the only two
heating vents along the only two walls that are usable for furniture.  So,
one is covered by our entertainment center and the other by the china
hutch.  We never turn our heat on as a result.

We do however have a real wood burning fireplace, a rarity for a CA
apartment, and we use that to heat the apartment, at least the main part.
The dogs LOVE it.  Copper, my 11-year-old hound who does not tolerate cold
weather well, lays out flat basset style along the entire hearth.  Elphaba,
our just out of puppyhood basset prefers to heat her rear while the fire is
burring and then lay on the warm hearth stones after the fire is out.

IT's getting to be that time here too, time to buy those fire logs and keep
them on hand.  My old man Copper has to have his fire warmed house, and his
blanket tucked in on the couch, when the frigid southern California
temperatures set in. (We get down to the low 50's to high 40's after all.)

I don't begrudge him his warm comforts one bit since he spent most of his
life tied up outside 365 days a year, never allowed off the rope, and fed
maybe once a week.

I was reading the post earlier about the basset that was shot today, and my
first thought was how like some humans to feel the need to shoot at a poor
defenseless animal to make themselves feel "cool" or whatever.  I've always
said this is why I could never work for animal control.  They carry guns,
and it would only take one trip to a house like the one my poor Copper was
abused at before I'd find myself up on murder charges for shooting the
ingrates who could do that to a sweet lovable basset.

We send lots of Drool to Watson, Elwood, Bob, the poor little two legger in
a coma, the family who's poor baby was shot, and all the other's who I know
I'm missing but we won't forget their drool we promise!

Brenda- momslave to Copper (it's startin to get cold here) and Elphaba (yeah
cold means fewer baths!)