[Dailydrool] Watson's doing better

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 15:43:47 PST 2008

Hello everyone.
First, I just wanted to send my sincere thanks to everyone who sent
drool and emails. Those really helped remind me of what was important
about this whole thing.  I am still angry at whoever hit him and then
left him in the road alone and scared, but he doesn't remember it now
so I guess I should let it go. Holding on to such anger only hurts me.
It doesn't hurt the person who hit Watson. The showers of drool we've
received have really helped and we're so grateful for all of the kind
thoughts and prayers that have filled up my inbox. They not only
helped heal Watson but they are helping to heal me too. Thank you.

Watson is doing much better. He was groggy the first two days after
the accident, but has since forgotten all about being groggy. Now that
he doesn't remember that he was recently hit by a car, he wants to
play and run. However, he has an owie on his foot still with stitches
in it which is preventing any sort of running or real playing. He
limping pretty severely still - so severely that we're headed back to
the vet to see if there was something that we missed the first time. I
know their paws are especially sensitive so having a cut in between
his toes has got to be pretty painful, but we're just not sure if
that's it or if it's something else that is causing him to limp like
this. He's still pretty doped up on painkillers too so if we need to
get stronger meds, then we will. Watson didn't even limp this long
after knee surgery so we're curious. I'll let you know what happens at
the vet tomorrow.

The road rash is healing, but Watson is pretty obsessive about licking
it so we'll have to see what the vet says about that too. The cut on
his head looks pretty gross-  I wish they would have stitched it up
but they did not. It is apparently pretty itchy and Watson - being who
he is - scratches it all the time and re-opens the cut which then
makes it look worse. I don't want the vet to suggest a cone but she
might. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, Thank you all so much for all of your kind thoughts and
encouraging words. It has been a difficult week but we're so grateful
to have such wonderful friends on the Drool. We're most thankful that
we still have Watson here to light up our lives. He's still healing,
but we're confident we'll have our bouncy energetic boy back in no
time, and this will just be a memory.

Last, I have seen that there are others who were not so lucky this
week. We send comforting drool to their families. Having come so close
to loosing Watson, we are so sorry that you had to say goodbye. Know
that your houndies are at the bridge now. Free from pain and free to
be with you in your hearts all the time. That's not enough, but
hopefully it provides a little bit of comfort for your broken hearts.

We send drool to all those in need.
Thanks again.
Katie, Nicanor (DP aka Dadperson), and Watson (Fanks eberyone :) Snooters!! )