[Dailydrool] Floppy Farm

Bambi McLeskey balange at olemiss.edu
Sun Nov 16 12:37:51 PST 2008

Ok, so try this on for size, fellow droolers. The DH wants to start a "vet"
spital when he gets back from overseas. As in, he wants to start a rescue
for senior bassets, train them to be therapy dogs, and use them in
rehabilitation for wounded soldiers returning from war. "Vet Hounds"-using
homeless houndies to rehab wounded vets. To give severely wounded service
members a purpose while they recover and receive the love only a mature
hound can give. (direct from the DH)    And in Bassetese, after he read "dab
rudders" book. I readz da book. Dab rudder a very crafty hound. Da Elder
Clara always in da way, but she be ok. Just lotz ob her. I be finkin, we
needs ober houndies who lubz soldiers. We gives dem snooters and fix dem.
Gib us a chance to gives dem da drool."

So, has he been converted, or what?

Also, what do you lovely folks with seniors think about this idea? Our boys
are only 2.5 right now, and I have never had a senior. I hear the stories,
but would this even begin to fall into something a basset senior would
enjoy? I know the service members would love to work together with the pups.
Email me offlist please!

Drool to all in needs

Lub and snooters

Dwake, Ahroo-ba, MomP and all da udders!