[Dailydrool] Howliday shopping and this 'n that

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 19:07:48 PST 2008

First off- if you can make it to Tri State's Howliday pawty on Dec. 6th- BRING YOUR CREDIT CARDS!!!
I was very lucky and was able to purchase a pair of bookends-I can't remember but I think there was a pre-order form maybe at BW?? I just received them a couple of weeks ago and they are amazing! If you have seen the doorknocker or the wreath holder- the bookends are made the same way. Bootiful shiny brass basset-heads. Absolutely gorgeous! A few more cookies than the doorknocker or the wreath holder- but SO worth it! And of course you get two! They are truly unique- custom made for Tri State... I don't know how and where Dawn manages to find the folks who do this stuff- guess she's not basset crap queen for nothing LOL!
If they don't sell out and you can't make it to the howliday pawty- here's dawn's addy: bassetslave at comcast.net

Also wanted to chime in on dawg doors- we have two- one that is in the side wall of the garage and another that
leads through the wall from the garage into the house. The outer one we bought has one of those gadgets that go on their collar- when the dawg approaches the door- the gizmo gives an infrared signal and the door unlocks ( this is to keep out unwanted critters- we live in a rural area). The door also makes a beep to let the dawg know it is open. Ms.Brandy is deaf- so the beep was of no use to us anyway. She would just nudge the door flap ( hard plastic) until it opened. But the thing with the gizmo is that it naturally hangs on the bottom of the collar- and bassets have those BIG LONG ears... that block that signal! Didn't take us long to get rid of the gizmo and turn off the door. It is permanently open and as far as I know no unwanted critters have used it. My kids have on occasion used the dawg door to gain entrance when they've forgotten their keys or a power outage prevented them from opening the garage doors.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Gus today... we hope you had a great day and got to celebrate with all your friends.
Lots of snow coming down here- so maybe CO stayed greener for you today!
droolies, Angelika and Ms.Brandy and Elvis too!