[Dailydrool] Invisible Fences

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 15:55:51 PST 2008

I'm catching up on drool so am writing my second note of the night.
I am a big?fan of invisible fence.? We live in an area where a physical fence is just not possible.? 13 years ago we put in the invisible fence and the only time we had an "escape" was when there was a bad battery.? We do not leave the dogs out unless?one of us is?home.? We have a leash law that's well enforced and only once have had a dog come in the yard.? We utilized the professional training and followed up with reinforcement.??The trainers were wonderful "dog" people.? Our local franchise even features a basset on their website!? ?We have over 2 acres "fenced" and the 3 dogs stay in the yard.? My sister had a physical fence and dogs that were absolute houdini's at getting out.? She now has an invisible fence.? I agree they are not for everyone, nor every dog.? I don't feel guilty having one!?