[Dailydrool] Urgent - Transport for 4 Bassets - Any Idaho/Oregon Droolers who can help????? (cross post)

Vanis, Nancy Nancy.Vanis at McKesson.com
Wed Nov 19 21:10:10 PST 2008

Sorry for the late notice - the email was forwarded to me and I just got
a chance to read it.

Please contact Jessie (contact info below) if you can help get these 4
hounds to their new rescue/homes in Washington state.

Several legs of the transport still need drivers (starting in Boise ID
and ending in Pendleton, OR) - schedule is below.

PLEASE NOTE THIS TRANSPORT IS FOR SATURDAY & SUNDAY NOV 29th & 30th!!!!
2  WEEKENDS FROM NOW!!!

Nancy

----

Subject: Denver, CO - Spokane, WA - SAT/SUN NOV 29th & 30th...4 BASSETTS
From:    "Jess'e Potts" <jessie.potts at mchsi.com>
Date:    Mon, November 17, 2008 1:19 pm
To:      undisclosed-recipients
--

UPDATE #1..MONDAY NOV 17th....OFF TO A GREAT START (THANKS TO ALL WHO
TOOK
LEGS AND CROSSPOSTED!!), BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYONE IN OREGON???!!!!
3:15
PM

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST/FORWARD AND MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

PLEASE NOTE THIS TRANSPORT IS FOR SATURDAY & SUNDAY NOV 29th & 30th!!!!
2
WEEKENDS FROM NOW!!!

We are in need of YOUR HELP to make a holiday wish happen for 4
deserving
Basset's to their new rescue.  2 of them already have wonderful approved
homes awaiting them in Washington.

All 4 travelers, Kyler, Rainbow, Fred & Mollie have all been in the same
foster home for months now.  They all get along well with each other and
other dogs.  Kyler, Rainbow and Fred were all rescued from high
euthanizing
shelters in KS and Mollie is the last one of 9 breeder releases/puppy
mill
mommies.  She was not medically ready to travel last time.

All these kiddos are being released from Hounds Haven Basset Rescue to
Washington Basset Rescue.  Detailed Passenger list is below.

ALL LEGS ARE OF COURSE FLEXIBLE JUST LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU CAN START AND
STOP :0)  IF NEEDED I CAN HAPPILY ADD 2 DRIVERS PER LEG!!!  JUST TELL ME
HAPPY HOUNDS YOU CAN HOLD!!

PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT jessie.potts at mchsi.com WITH YOUR GENEROUS
OFFER
TO HELP (PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO BOARDS AS I DONT WANT TO MISS YOUR OFFER
HELP AS I RECEIVED DAILY DIGESTS FOR MOST BOARDS)
OR CALL 515-961-0158
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
===================================
Name:
Email:
Is this email accessible during nights or weekends or only during work
days
?:
Home #:
Cell #:
Vehicle make & Model and plate #:
Meeting spot in either location if your prefer one:
====================================
This run will be monitored in it's entirety by:

Jess'e Potts
Adoption & Transport Coordinator for Hounds Haven Basset Rescue
 http://www.houndshvn.petfinder.com
http://www.1-800-save-a-pet.com/shelter74886-dogs.html
jessie.potts at mchsi.com -or- bassetlovers at gmail.com
OTRA Verified
Mommy to the Basset Hound Crew:  Zoey, Bella, Molly & Odi

Coming From:
Hounds Haven Foster Home
John & Dianna Britting
McPherson, KS
Phone #:  Available Upon Request
Website:  www.houndshvn.petfinder.com
Going to:
Washington Basset Rescue
Contact Person:  Pat Benstine
Email:  rescue at wabr.net
Phone #: 509-466-1538
Website:  www.wabr.net

TRANSPORT ROSTER FOR FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY NOV 27, 28, 29th
**20 minute water & potty breaks have been added onto the beginning of
each
leg**
 ===========================
FRIDAY NOV 27th:
McPherson, KS to Denver, CO
7 hrs
Times to be determined by John & Dianna
FILLED THANK YOU JOHN & DIANNA!!!!!!!!!!
===========================
OVERNIGHT IN DENVER, CO FRIDAY NOV 27th:
4 BASSETS WHO CAN BE SPLIT INTO 2 DIFFERENT OVERNIGHT HOMES.
FILLED THANK YOU KRIS!!!
===================
SATURDAY NOV 28th:
===================
Leg #2:
Denver, CO to Fort Collins, CO
1 hr 10 mins     64 miles
8 am to 9:10 am
FILLED THANK YOU BO!!! (SHE'S A GIRL!!!)
============================
Leg #3:
Fort Collins, CO to Laramie, WY
1 hr 15 mins     65 miles
9:30 am to 11:45 am
FILLED THANK YOU BO!!!!
=============================
Leg #4:
Laramie, WY to Rawlins, WY
1 hr 30 mins     100 miles
12:05 PM to 1:35 PM
NEEDED!!!!
===========================
Leg #5:
Rawlins, WY to rock Springs, WY
1 hr 35 mins     108  miles
1:55 PM to 3:30 PM
FILLED THANK YOU KYLE & DANA!!! (UTAH FRIENDS OF BASSET HOUNDS!!!!)
=========================
Leg #6:
Rock Springs, WY to Evanston, WY
1 hr 30 mins         100 miles
3:50 PM to 5:20 PM
FILLED THANK YOU SANDY!! (UTAH FRIENDS OF BASSET HOUNDS!!!)
========================
Leg #7:
Evanston, WY to Salt Lake City, UT
1 hr 20 mins     81 miles
5:40 PM to 7 PM
FILLED THANK YOU CAROL (THANK YOU UTAH FRIENDS OF BASSET HOUNDS!!!!)
========================
OVERNIGHT IN SALT LAKE CITY, UT FILLED FOR ALL 4 HOUNDS!!
THANK YOU CAROL & HUBBY (THANK YOU UTAH FRIEND OF BASSET HOUNDS!!!!!)
=========================
Sunday Nov 30th
=========================
Leg #8:
Salt Lake City, UT to Jerome, ID
3 hrs 20 mins
9 am to 12:45 PM **ALLOWING EXTRA TIME FOR STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS
LEG**
FILLED THANK YOUR CAROL & HUBBY (THANK YOU UTAH FRIENDS OF BAS
HOUNDS!!!!!!)
=========================
Leg #9:
Jerome, ID to Boise, ID
1 hr 45 mins      116 miles
1:05 pm to 2:50 pm
FILLED THANK YOU CHANTAL!!!!!
===============================
Leg #10:
Boise, ID to Ontario, OR
1 hr         57 miles
3:10 pm to 4:10 pm
NEEDED!!!!!!!
==============================
Leg #11:
Ontario, OR to Baker City, OR
1 hr 15 mins         74 miles
4:30 PM to 5:45 pm
NEEDED!!!!!
=======================
Leg #12:
Baker City, OR to Pendleton, OR
**TIME CHANGE FROM MDT TO PDT...GO BACK 1 HR**
50 mins     45 miles
6:05 pm to 5:55 pm
NEEDED!!!!!
=============================
Leg 13:
Pendleton, Or to Spokane, WA
3 hrs 15 mins  205 miles
6:15 pm to 9:30 PM
FILLED THANK YOU PAT...RECEIVING RESCUE!!!!
===============================
END TRANSPORT...KYLER, RAINBOW, MOLLIE & FRED THANK YOU FOR YOUR
GENEROISTY!!!!

Passenger List:
#1:
NAME: Fred
Breed/Description:  Basset Hound
Gender: Male
Age: 2-5 yrs
Size/Weight:  40 lbs
Spayed/Neutered:  Yes
* UTD on age appropriate vaccs:  yes
* ORIGINAL rabies certificate:  YES!!
*HEALTH CERTIFICATE: YES!!!
General health: Great
OK with dogs:  yes
OK with cats:  not known
Temperament/Personality (be specific):  LOVES to be petted, sweet boy!!
Special needs/behavioral problems:  n/q
Housebroken:  Yes!!
Crate trained:  Not known
Travels well in vehicle:  Yes
Walks on leash:  yes!!
Items traveling with (add/remove items as needed):  Vet records, collars
&
leashes
To be provided by driver:  fresh water, water bowl, and crate if you
require
one!!
Photolink:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12224243
Rescue to Rescue transfer!!

#2:
NAME: Kyler
Breed/Description:  Basset Hound
Gender: Male
Age: 2-5 yrs
Size/Weight:  65 lbs
Spayed/Neutered:  Yes
* UTD on age appropriate vaccs:  yes
* ORIGINAL rabies certificate:  YES!!
*HEALTH CERTIFICATE: YES!!!
General health: Great
OK with dogs:  yes
OK with cats:  not known
Temperament/Personality (be specific):  LOVES to be petted, large boy!!
Special needs/behavioral problems:  n/q
Housebroken: no
Crate trained:  Not known
Travels well in vehicle:  Yes
Walks on leash:  yes!!
Items traveling with (add/remove items as needed):  Vet records, collars
&
leashes
To be provided by driver:  fresh water, water bowl, and crate if you
require
one!!
Photolink:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12215456
Rescue to Rescue transfer!!

#3:
NAME: Rainbow
Breed/Description:  Basset Hound
Gender: Female
Age: 2-5 yrs
Size/Weight:  40 lbs  ALL LEGS :)
Spayed/Neutered:  Yes
* UTD on age appropriate vaccs:  yes
* ORIGINAL rabies certificate:  YES!!
*HEALTH CERTIFICATE: YES!!!
General health: Great
OK with dogs:  yes
OK with cats:  not known
Temperament/Personality (be specific):  wants lots of attention, a real
sweet heart!
Special needs/behavioral problems:  n/q
Housebroken: Ye!!!
Crate trained:  Not known
Travels well in vehicle:  Yes
Walks on leash:  yes!!
Items traveling with (add/remove items as needed):  Vet records, collars
&
leashes
To be provided by driver:  fresh water, water bowl, and crate if you
require
one!!
Photolink:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12224194
Rescue to Rescue transfer!!

#4:

NAME: Mollie
Breed/Description:  Basset Hound
Gender: Female
Age: 2-5 yrs
Size/Weight:  45 lbs
Spayed/Neutered:  Yes
* UTD on age appropriate vaccs:  yes
* ORIGINAL rabies certificate:  YES!!
*HEALTH CERTIFICATE: YES!!!
General health: Great
OK with dogs:  yes
OK with cats:  not known
Temperament/Personality (be specific):  very friendly, but will ignore
you
when you call her.
Special needs/behavioral problems:  n/q
Housebroken: NO!!
Crate trained:  Not known
Travels well in vehicle:  Yes
Walks on leash:  yes!!
Items traveling with (add/remove items as needed):  Vet records, collars
&
leashes
To be provided by driver:  fresh water, water bowl, and crate if you
require
one!!
Photolink:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12074505