[Dailydrool] Sad Arhoooos

mary bauer mbbassetlady at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 05:17:54 PST 2008

Yesterday at 10 am Rocky Freckled Little Rock or as he
was known around here, Rocky J Basset Hound went to the
bridge. It was a peaceful sleep he went into at the
vets. He looked so calm and like he was just taking a
snooze in the sun. I will miss him very much. Even the
vet admitted he was a calm, happy hound whenever she
saw him.
He made himself at home here 2 1/2 yrs ago when Kay
Jordan and King George escorted him to Texas from Ohio.
And I thanked every day that OBR were willing to keep
him until he could be transported to me.
I will carry his memory with me throughout my life as
the hound that accepted everything thrown his way and
was still able to enjoy his life. Yesterday on his last
walk, I let him eat the stuff he found on the sidewalk
and in the grass; it was something I tried never to let
him do before and he enjoyed his walk alot.
But he was ready to go to the bridge. The spleen tumor
he had was debilitating him and he was in pain. It was
time. And when we went in the vet's office, he didn't
even try to pull away for the door and the car. He
was just worn out and ready for his journey.
With tears in my heart Rocky you were a great hound and friend
and I miss you so much already.

A sad Basset Mom,
Mary in TX and Rocky ATB