[Dailydrool] Teeth cleaning

jessica mueller jesslyn714 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 14:59:08 PST 2008

Her kisses are irresistible, and although I tell Maggie her breath smells like roses, I have to admit- some days it's really bad! She had Grade 2 Tartar when we adopted her-I'm not too sure what she was eating before, but her teeth have really improved since coming to live with us. We said after she had been with us 6 months and was healthy again, we would get them cleaned at the vet. My question is, what all is necessary for a procedure like this on a 5 year old Basset? We were quoted $284.00-$660.00, depending on what all we had done (Extractions, Gum Surgery, Pre-Op Lab work, Catheter IV, Post-Op pain injection). From what I can tell, she will not need any extractions or gum surgery...Any advice would be appreciated :) Also, I have tried a variety of products to help with the tartar problem & am always open to more suggestions. Have a wonderful day, and lots of smelly drool to those in need from Maggie Mae!
Peace, Love, and Sunshine from Jessica (The Mama) & Maggie
Glendale, Arizona