[Dailydrool] Questions for reputable breeders

Katherine Nininger k9inger at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:54:22 PST 2008

Can some of you breeders answers some questions for my husband?  After Beau
died, I made the comment that one day I'd like a smooshy dog like Pretty Boy
Floyd.  We got onto the Basset Hound Clud of America's site and checked out
breeders in our area.  My husband got absolutely grilled by the lady (which
was no surprise to me, but apparently was to him).  He wants to know what
the life expectancy of a healthy basset is....Beau was from a BYB before we
knew better and he lived 7 years.  Also, what do you charge for your
puppies?  The price this lady quoted sounded a little steep and was MUCH
higher than a rescue.  I expected the price to be more, but was really
surprised.
Thanks in advance,
Katherine (and Beau ATB) in NC