[Dailydrool] My home visit

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon Nov 24 08:04:26 PST 2008

Hi everyone, and happy Thanksgiving week to you all!!  On Saturday, we
had our home visit from a lady at Helping Hands Basset Rescue so we
could become a foster family.  I must say I am so proud of my girls!!
They were awesome!  The lady brought two of her rescues, one who had
just become a foster failure and was on her way to her forever home
after being found with her teeth ground to the bone from trying to gnaw
off whatever her previous owners had used to tie her up for long periods
of time with no food, and another older girl who was the sweetest thing
and both were just sooooooo smooshie!   Diva and Sophie excitedly
welcomed both of them into the house without hesitation and before very
long, they were alligator mouthing each other, wrestling over their
stuffed toys, and doing the basset 500 all through the house and yard.
When she first arrived with the hounds, she said she was going to leave
one of the dogs in the car in its crate, because the weather was nice
and she said it would be a lot of excitement with both dogs at once,
etc. But I thought this was probably a test, since I had read a story on
the drool about someone else's home visit a while ago, and I told her
"no way...she has to come in and be included in the fun.  We don't leave
them in the car...too much could go wrong"  Anyway, long story short, we
passed with flying colors and we will be fostering soon!!  I'm waiting
for the foster coordinator to contact me and let me know when we begin.
We are all so excited and can't wait to help homeless hounds find their
forever homes.  Drool to everyone who needs it, and there's plenty!  I
got SLIMED by one of the rescues when they were at my house...all over
my pants!  The lady looked at me to see my reaction and I just leaned
down and said to the little basset "Ooh, that's sweet healing drool
there!  We'll send that to all da houndies what needs it!" (she may have
thought I was insane...ha ha...)

Jessica L. Sutton

Momma to Diva and Sophie and soon to be foster momma too!