[Dailydrool] Hidin" de bone

Annie Novakovich anninova at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:27:47 PST 2008

I don't know what was up with my Bo Dog yesterday.  I have been off work sick and was trying to curb the houndie boredom by giving them busy bones.  The 2 girls were happily munching on theirs but not Bo....I hear bark bark bark in the basement I go down to see him holding that bone in a death grip with his jaws and just staring at me.  (Der ain't no good hidin' pwaces down here mum!") Next I hear muffled bark bark bark in the bedroom.  He hid the bone in a corner under some "junk" and couldn't retrieve it.  I gets it for him.  Next another muffled woof woof woof in the closet.  Yup, hidden again and slave must retrieve.  I think he hid it pretty well on the last attempt although I did see Jasmine's chubby little butt go sniffin' around another closet.......good thing though, it was getting kind of slimy by then!
He used to do this all the time when he was the only hound I had.  I would find pig ears and bones in my closets etc. but has not done this since the girls arrival.  Brought back fond memories of his puppyhood.
I also want to comment on the good job done on the Brudder Elwood book.  I just loved it!  It made me laugh and it made me cry.  What adorable, lovable hounds you have Debbie.  Bless you and all of those like you who rescue these dogs.

Annie
Foodslave, retriever of slimy bones and mom to Daisy, Jasmine Bean and Bo Dog.