[Dailydrool] Bad Weather

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 11:15:03 PST 2008

Here in New England it was horribly cold last week, and today is miserable with high winds and rain. Yuck. To top it off, I was in the sunroom drying off the dogs from the latest excursion outside and water dropped on my head! The room is white washed pine, and there is water coming between a couple of boards, though the boards don't seem damaged. I went upstairs to look out at the roof of the garage/sunroom and the shingles on the garage (sunroom added about 3-4 years ago so newer) are all nasty and curled up. Went to the back of the yard  for a look and the house roof is the same. The front looks fine, but all the wind comes from the back. Sigh. The guy who did the sunroom is coming tomorrow to give me an estimate for the new roof. I guess it's lucky that we had the strong wind that pushed water under and I was home today to get dripped on so I know it's bad and can fix it before it gets even worse..I guess..

Synthia - sitting here comtemplating cashing in the 401K to pay for the new roof...
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, almost Pearl (better fix that place up before I get there! I don't want to get wet!)
Ace the Newf (what's wrong with a little water?)
Saintly Miss Maggie & Baja (the dog house is nice and dry, we can stay out there)
Maya the Great Dane (I like to run in the mud - will we have it inside now too?)