[Dailydrool] My thanks

gravemast at aol.com gravemast at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 22:28:06 PST 2008

I dont post often, but every now and then I do, when I can either help someone or if I need help.? I felt it necessary to post on this day,

I am a turkey baby, My Birthday is on the 27th of November,? I wanted to say a few things about my girls.

Calypso (12 YO) is my heart and soul dog....she is the first dog i raised from a pup by myself.? I loved her from the moment I saw her, and she has always been with me.? I have been sooooo blessed with that girl.? She helped me through some tough times, including moving several times, several job changes, and a divorce.? But she has always stayed loyal and loving, by my side.? We have some years left together I think. I love you my precious big old girl!?

Harley (8YO) was a rescue from Hurricane Katrina.? Her owner's trailer was destroyed and he was moving to Miami and couldnt take her.? His family was going to leave her in the yard, living under the destroyed trailer, and feed her and give her water.? I couldnt stand it, so I asked him if I could have this purebred, beautiful houndette.? She had to be treated for heartworm and intestinal parasites. It took some time to get her acclimated to living inside, and she had some aggression issues at first, but she has blossomed into the sweetest lovingest hound.? She has become a terrific dog that anyone would be proud of. I love her dearly.

So, I couldnt ask for a better birthday present, than sitting here with my family (that includes the 2 special girls listed above) and friends.? My life is truly better because of these two?hounds and I wouldnt trade them for anything. So hug your hounds, give them a special Thanksgiving treat (Harley says she would prefer Giblets), and remember why they mean so much to us.

Tom

Slave to Harley and Calypso