[Dailydrool] Special Request of Droolers

janet dean jdean813 at tx.rr.com
Wed Nov 26 23:27:56 PST 2008

Hi All,

I have a special request of you Droolers.  I know this is going to sound a
bit odd..asking for something for my ex-husband, but we've developed a
wonderful friendship over the past year and I care about him deeply.  Let me
explain..

My ex-husband, Roy Jenkins, has been battling cancer since July, 2007.  He's
gone through a colostomy, many rounds of radiation and chemotherapy, yet no
matter what treatment was done, the drugs simply could not get ahead of the
cancer that has now spread all over his body.  Roy recently went through a
month-long hospital stay with surgery to remove an 8" section of his
intestine that had caused a blockage.  Roy was sent home on 11/12/08 with
only hospice care to look forward to, and the hope of staying alive until
'maybe Christmas' (the surgeon's words).

As you can imagine, Roy is quite depressed at this time.  He's only 56 years
old...

I wasn't involved in rescuing Basset Hounds when Roy and I were married, so
having 4 of them in my house has been quite a change for him to see.  I have
tried to get him to understand just how special this breed of dog is; how
those of us that love this breed so much are just a 'different breed' of
folks ourselves.  I've told him that many of my 'Basset Hound Buddies' have
said many prayers for him over the past year, and have kept him on many
prayer lists, too.  He has always asked me to extend his 'thanks' to each
and every one of them.

I would like to do something for Roy to cheer him up a bit right now.  Would
you possibly drop Roy a card, send him a picture of your Basset Hounds with
a note of cheer, or maybe add him to your Howliday Card Exchange list?  I
would love to see him be bombarded with mail from Droolers!  I know this
would put a smile on Roy's face, and your support and encouragement will
mean a lot to him.  Please state in your note somewhere they you're a
Drooler who read about him in a posting from Janet; that way he'll know why
he's received something from a stranger (which I know are only friends we've
never met before!).

Here's Roy's mailing address:

Roy Jenkins

208 Long Shadow Drive

Murchison, TX   75778-5550

Thank you so much for reading my request, and for sending some cheer to
someone who really needs it right now. Droolers are just the BEST!

Arooooos,

Janet Dean

Jackie, Kim, Kelly and Lincoln, the cat!

Mesquite, TX