[Dailydrool] Advice Needed

sokermom5 at bellsouth.net sokermom5 at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 27 05:37:16 PST 2008

I have a four year old male Basset, Morgan, who, although in tact, does not have an aggressive bone in his body (except if you mess with his food).  I have an approximately 2 year old male neutered Basset, J.D. that I adopted in July 2008.  I love these two boys with all my heart and soul.  J.D. is my first foster failure.

The problem I'm having is in the last month, the two boys are having "disagreements".  They play together and get along fine outside, but when they come in the house, J.D. goes after Morgan with all he has.  There is snarling, growling, teeth being barred by J.D.  Poor Morgan just backs down and runs for the crate.  At first, I thought it may be because J.D. didn't want Morgan anywhere near me, but last night I wasn't around them and J.D. went for blood.  Thank goodness he didn't hurt Morgan, but now I'm afraid to let them out together in the house.  I scolded J.D. and he jumped on my bed and when I was getting him off the bed, he growled at me.  I told him he was a bad boy and put him in his crate for "time out".  Now, you would think Morgan, being the in tact male, would be the aggressor, but no.  Will someone tell me what has happened to my sweet J.D.?  Poor Morgan is trembling in his knickers.  These babies are treated like kings and there is no difference shown between the two.

Any help/advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!

Dianne, Mom to Morgan (please help), J.D. (I'm a bad boy), Regis (I don't know what's going on), Calvin (ATB), Fred (ATB), and Madonna (ATB)