[Dailydrool] protecting & attacking, help?????

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Fri Nov 28 09:25:10 PST 2008

Hi, I have a brand new problem, that just started on Thanksgiving, 2  times,
and once today already.
When Honey is just sitting by my feet, or kind of near me, it seems  like for
no reason, all of a sudden, Dottie and Honey are in this fight.   Dottie
attacks her, and at first Honey didn't fight back, I stopped it so  quickly, but
now the last 2 times, she fights back.  It happens so fast, I  can hardly break
them up fast enough. I don't know where this behavior is coming  from, it
seems only be around me.  I know Dottie loves me too death, she  always wants to
hug and kiss and snuggle, and it's really only with me, not so  much with
other family members. They are fine around other  people  together, they eat
together, sleep together, although it hasn't been as much the  last 2 days.
I think for some reason, all of a sudden Dottie has become very  protective
of me.  I brake them up, and hollered at Dottie, and tapped her  on the butt.
Then she wo uldn't talk to me for about an hour or so.   I have never had to
holler at either one of them, like I have had to now at  Dottie the last 2 days.
She is very protective of me, around the neighbors dog too, a large  Samoyed.
She does not like that dog, that dog has ADHD, and she has attacked at  her
also, when that dog gets too close to me.
What can I do to stop this behavior right away????  I am afraid  one of them
is going to get really hurt, or my hand in the middle will get  it.
Help?  suggestions?  thoughts?
Why would all of a sudden this start????????
They are both healthy, and seem to feel fine, they run and eat, etc.  etc.
Worried and concerned, Barbie
**************Finally, one site has it all: your friends, your email, your
favorite sites. Try the NEW AOL.com.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000006)