[Dailydrool] pseudomonas ear infection

Michael Beris mberis at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 13:44:55 PST 2008

Cathy,
We fought a pseudomonas infection for over a year.  We did numerous antibiotics and a "Deep Ear Flush" where Trouble was sedated her ear was flushed down into the middle ear.  After a year of fighting it, our vet recommended a Total Ear Canal Ablation (here's a link that explains it better than I can: http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_total_ear_canal_ablation.html).  Once we did that, Trouble got better and felt better than she had in a long time.  Even though she lost hearing in that ear, she didn't seem to notice.
Good luck.
Michael Beris
http://www.hhbassetrescue.org