[Dailydrool] Tree trouble

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com Bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 07:10:19 PST 2008

For the past couple years after our tall living room tree died we've had a  6
foot tree on an end table in the front window.  Its worked but I've  always
hated the table.  I usually wrap the table with bright red foil  paper to look
like a present and it works fine.  Last year I wanted a 7 1/2  foot tree that
stands directly on the floor.  So after countless store  searches my daughter
and I found a beautiful prelit one.

Last year the only problem we had with the furkids was that they tried
eating the ornaments off the lower branches.  So our tree is bare on the  bottom
two rows.  I LOVE JULIE'S BELLS IDEA and I am stealing it - the  highest
compliment is when someone steals your idea you know.  Do you  string them together?

But, I digress - the reason I post is to warn you about something our silly
girl Ellie did before the tree was even up this year! I had the bottom section
 set up and was fluffing branches when Ellie walked over and just crunched a
bulb  right off the branch - she sat there chewing like she'd found a great
snack! I  thought OMG and cleaned out her mouth.  Then I had to set about
carefully  removing the bulb and replacing the glass part into the holder because
for some  reason Christmas tree bulbs are NOT universal!

So I guess the dogs can't be left in the living room alone anymore when I
run errands.  Thank God she hasn't touched it since, but we're watching her
like a hawk.  The bells would probably help with this too, but I better get  big
ones that she can't bite and then choke on.

Happy Howlidays to all!
Helene, Freddie and Ellie

Hélène,  Freddie and Ellie
Freddie's dogster  page http://www.dogster.com/dogs/365610
Ellie's dogster page  _http://www.dogster.com/dogs/365621_
(http://www.dogster.com/dogs/365621)
Daily  Drool Calendar kids September 24, 2008 & February 26, 2009
Winter Snood  Models for _www.thesewandsews.com_
(http://www.thesewandsews.com/)

AOL.com.