[Dailydrool] Doc Holiday 13 1/2 yr old Basset

Jenny Dill jennyrjd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 16:28:09 PST 2008

I don't know if I hit send or not as I am writing on cell phone and the baby
basset (Charley Bucket) and Doc started fighting so I am writing again.
My problem is that I don't think anything else can be done for Doc and our
friends and family think it is cruel to keep him alive.  He is blind, badly
arthritic and can't tolerate Rimadyl or anything else for more than a few
days without severe stomach problems.  We have gotten him a shot for the
last few wks at the vets and something new in a pill form but I don't think
we can continue the shots.  Sometimes he just shakes and I wonder if it is
from pain?  I love him dearly and don't want to see him in pain and he is my
husbands heart dog.  Wayne got him as a puppy and he doesn't want to let him
go of course.  Thanks for listening.  Jenny