[Dailydrool] Beau

Katherine k9inger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 05:58:52 PDT 2008

I am having a terrible time getting Beau to eat anything.  He is still
drinking good.  We have tried all kinds of canned food, home made food, etc.
At most he will take a couple of bites of whatever we're eating.  At this
point, I don't care what it is, as long as we get something into him.  He's
throwing up bile from his empty tummy.  But my biggest worry is that without
eating, it doesn't matter that the medication is working, if he's not going
to eat.
Things we have tried:  hot dogs, venison, chicken, egg, ham (which he ate
and then threw up).  He did manage a couple bites of sausage yesterday, and
some bacon this morning.  Does any one have any ideas of anything that will
stimulate his appetite?  I tried calling the vet on Fri when he first really
stopped eating and of course they are closed.  I've been keeping probably a
closer eye than normal, but I can't imagine the ER vet seeing him for loss
of apetite given his illness....I don't know....
Katherine and Beau