[Dailydrool] Tonsillitis?

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:39:08 PDT 2008

Hi All,

First off, drool to anyone who needs it. I'm about 25 drools behind right
now so I apologize for not being more specific on that drool-sending.

And now, I have to request a little drool for my Humphrey. Poor little guy
is only 11 months old and he's spent so much of his puppyhood sick with
giardia, worms, kennel cough, etc. And now it looks like he has tonsillitis.

Hum's been hacking like a 3-pack-a-day smoker since Friday. Dry, heaving
coughs like he was trying to get rid of a lung. Sunday night, he was
actually coughing up stomach bile. His vet came yesterday and put him on
some meds but said it's probably tonsillitis. He's going to check back in on
Thursday to see how Humphrey's progressing with the meds.

I can't tell you how terrible I feel for Humphrey. Neither he nor my
boyfriend nor myself have slept a full night since Friday; Hum's hacking
cough is worst at night. The vet said his forceful coughing is his attempt
to get rid of his tonsils, which are causing him, direct quote, "massively
intense pain." It breaks my heart that my little guy is going through this.
Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to make him more comfortable? I
know if he were a human, we'd be pumping him with hot tea, hot soup, and
cold popsicles. There must be something I can do to ease Humphrey's pain
while we see if the medicine will work. Humphrey's 1st birthday is in 3
weeks and I want him happy and healthy again in time for it.

Thank you for any advice and drool.

- Rebecca, Kit, Professor Bix, and Humphrey