[Dailydrool] Bloat

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 08:10:09 PDT 2008

I've heard a lot of talk about bassets getting bloat or gastric torsion and
how horrible it is.  I've read a few things on it, but I'm still not 100%
clear on how they get it or how to prevent it.  I'm worried about my
2-year-old basset Elphaba.  Her favorite thing to do right after eating is
run into the living room and start doing somersaults. She will roll over and
over and shake about upside down or if she can get him to play, begin
wrestling with Copper my Sr. basset.  Should I be worried about this
behavior?  Is there anything I can be doing to reduce the chances of bloat
becoming an issue?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brenda- momslave to Copper (leave me alone Elphie I just ate) and Elphaba
(I'm all fueled up and ready to roll)