[Dailydrool] Boredom

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Sat Oct 11 12:25:31 PDT 2008

Okay, I'll admit it.  I'm at wit's end.  Jill the Bagel is pure evil
when bored, read:  home alone.

Case in point:  Yesterday evening Jill was home alone, secure in the
laundry room.  No cleaning supplies or detergent, or laundry--nothing
to cause trouble.  She was supplied with her favorite blanket (my
robe), her favorite toys,  two (count 'em - TWO) kongs and fresh
water.  The only other things in the room were winter coats and the
washer and dryer and two sealed cases of bottled water on top of the
washer.

We arrived home three hours later to a flooded laundry room.  She
removed both cases of water from atop the washer and shredded the
cardboard, shrink wrap and several bottles.  Other bottles she just
punched full of holes.  Of course the coats, her toys and water dish
and blanket were exactly as we left them and the kongs were also
untouched.

The previous time we left her she shredded the ironing board cover and
chewed off the caps from the legs of it and shredded a cardboard box
my son had left on the floor--fair game, I guess.

How do we correct this?  Bear in mind, the brat is 7 years old.

Nadine Mysker
Frustrated slave to Jill the Bagel