[Dailydrool] announcement.....

Jeff and Kathy jkdjf at tds.net
Fri Oct 24 17:10:54 PDT 2008

Hi All, this is Daisy Mae of Va.  My mama done done it now. She goes and brings home another four legger. Actually she looks a lot like me but she sure is noisy. She scares me so bad that I want to hide and she has taken over MY kitchen. Ugh  I am supposed to be the only one. What is a girl to do?
This is the Mom. I broke down and brought home a stray that was found along side the road. No one called to claim her and she needed a home. I always said that if the animal welfare group around here ever got a basset that I would take it...never thinking that it would happen. She is a beautiful little basset probably  less than two. She looks young but has already had a litter of pups. The vet said no more than three years old but I think much younger than that.  She is really active and puppified (don't think that is a real word)  Daisy is scared to death of her. When she comes close Daisy is backing up and tucking her tail. Can anyone give me some advice as to how to get Daisy to not be afraid? Right now I have the little one gated off from her and will probably keep it that way for a while because she was just spayed and shouldn't be jumping around> Ha Ha   Daisy is a lot bigger but has always been very timid and afraid of things. Not much sleep in the forecast for me tonight. They are both big barkers!   More later.  Kathy with Daisy Mae (this new girl is a loud one) and the new little one-no name yet (why won't she play with me)