[Dailydrool] Naughty Danica and the Cookie Dough

froggie0310 at bellsouth.net froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 2 12:35:38 PDT 2008

Our school sold gourmet cookie dough as a fundraiser.  Ever the good Mom, I bought 5 tubs, 3 lbs each.  We went through the chocolate "Night and Day" pretty quickly, so I set the Rice Krispies variety out to thaw on top of the washing machine.  I closed the laundry room door.  Apparently not tight enough.  Nicholas and I were working on his science project at the computer and I kept hearing a thud-thud on the wooden floor above us.  The cats routinely drag stuff all over the room, so I didn't think much of it.  After a while, though, I got suspicious and went upstairs and there is Danica, our foster bed-potato, with a whole lot of semi-frozen dough caked all over her snout with her face buried in the tub---which is practically empty.  And her belly is noticeably rounder.  I promptly put her outside, and when she came in, I put her in Murphy's crate.  She was there until around midnight, when she whined and carried on something terrible so I let her come upstairs.  She threw up all over my room.  *sigh*

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 5