[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - Mr. Goody Four Paws

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Oct 3 12:39:09 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

Yeah - I am still here.  I know I haven't written to you for a while but I
have been busy.  It is a fulltime job training Opie - he is really a piece
of work!  Mom says he has a nickzillion naughty spots on his nose and I
believe it.  He is always getting into trouble.

Just yesterday, we were all hanging out in the yard, except for O.F. Grady.
He was in the house 'coz he said it was too cold outside.  Mom was going in
and out of the house, working on our new house on wheels - putting our stuff
in it and bassetizing it.  We were all on our observation deck by the gate
watching and waiting - we were sure we must be going to a dog show.  Well,
right by our observation deck Dad had put up some of his ugly green fencing
stuff to protect his precious little baby grass from our big basset feet.
We have been known to play a bit hard and rowdy and tear up the grass from
time to time.   Anyway, we were there on the observation deck and Opie was
getting bored, so he and I started wrestling.  Then Johnny joined our
wrestling match.  Well, it was a little crowded there wrestling on the
observation deck, soooo - we just kind of went into Dad's fenced area for
some more wrestling in a bigger area.  Did Hoagie join us, you ask???? Oh
no!  Not Hoagie, Mr. Goody Four Paws -  he stayed on the observation deck
and watched us for little bit then he started barking and saying - "you're
going to get in trouble, you're going to get in trouble".  Of course, Mr.
Goody Four Paws barking made Mom come look to see what was going on and then
SHE said, "Boys - you're going to get in trouble!  You will be dead meat if
Dad sees you in there!  GET OUT NOW!"

So, we got out and I swear, Hoagie was snickering at us 'coz we all got put
in lock-down for a while.  Actually, I was kind of glad to go inside and
rest 'coz then Dad came home and saw his baby grass all smished and
trampled.  I don't think it would have been good for us to be outside with
him when he was fixing that ugly green fence and saying those words!

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys