[Dailydrool] Cranky Sleepers

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:34:31 PDT 2008

As hard as I try not to humanize my dog, she really is like a person. Er, a
mini-version of me at times. But seriously, it is beginning to worry us,
especially my husband.
When Sally is tired, she gets very cranky (like her mom!); however, when
she's sleeping, we've noticed that if you accidentally (or purposefully)
nudge her rear, she startles awake and growls/snaps. She hasn't nipped
either of us yet, but I'm worried that it might be something that could be
dangerous with strangers in the house or with our younger nephews.

Matt is concerned because it's usually him being growled at -- I tend to
leave Sally be when she's sleeping, Just as there is no need to pet a dog
while she is eating (although Sally is fine with this), I also think there's
no need to touch the dog while she's sleeping.

Any thoughts?