[Dailydrool] Ohio Basset Rescue

Bonnie Bostelman BBostelman at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 11:37:41 PDT 2008

Hi everyone

Gramma Jo and I are resting up from the Ohio Rescue Waddle 2008 and we really had a goodtime and a big thank you goes out to Cathy Rice, Eva, Maribeth,  and all the wonderful OBR volunteers who worked so hard to make this a successful weekend. A big special thank you goes out to Kathy Lockhart, Hannah Banana and Sharon's Wilder's Clyde Kiddlehopper for all the work and success of Champion Sleeper Calendar Contest & Bark of the Month Club that benefitted OBR...A big thank you goes out to Beth Vogel and supporters in memory of her  beloved Pw Annie who raised lots of moolah in Champion Sleeping Calendar contest that will help OBR rescue more basset hounds like Pw Annie so they can find forever homes. Pw Annie memory will forever in hearts for all the fundraising she did to help basset rescue's everywhere. Big Slurps and tail wags for all of our Calendar Contest Houndies who also contributed and all of you put a big smile on all of our faces and aroohs for cover winner Bernie Barnes.

The Drury Inn & Suites OBR's Waddle Headquarters) was so wonderful and very friendly. The hotel offered complimentary wine and appetizers in the evening for their guests and in the morning they had a wonderful breakfast with lots of good food to choose...

Saturday was the big day at the dog park and it was a beautiful day and the park was fenced in and gorgeous.Lots of fun and games and a wonderful raffle with lots of goodies to win and  a big thank you to Jill's daughter  Sierra and Angelika son, John for helping with the raffle...Waddle Queen PW Nugget, in her favorite Fey Fey pearls, was there to greet all her guests and Pw Brandy, Chunky Deucher and Beth's new puppy Busy Izzy came to support the houndies of Ohio. King Clarence was also spotted with his royal court greeting his fans and enjoying himself. OBR rescue Eddie was occupying our seats as was a few of his houndie friends so they could hang out with Gramma Jo. Wheezer and Ace were also there and it was so nice to see them after the rough start they had in life. Of course, Hannah Banana was seen racing and swimming and loving every minute as was other bassets hounds and luckily for their  humans there was a special place to wash the houndies and dry them off before heading home. So many wonderful houndies demanding pets and bellyrubs and just having a great time.

Saturday evening OBR provided great pizza and soda for all their guests and had a very nice auction and of course I had to bid and took home some nice items

Nice job OBR and we will see you at the waddle this time next year! My Louie, Maggie and Lucy sends bassetude to all the houndies

Bonnie