[Dailydrool] My heart is breaking...

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 14:00:24 PDT 2008

Tiffany,

I sympathize - that's a tough situation to be in. There are a couple of things you could do: try taking Cali for a week or so. See how the two handle being split up. If they're OK, great. Since you and your ex are still friendly, maybe you can arrange for Cali and Ori to have weekly play dates.

If they don't handle being split up, might you consider leaving both with your ex, and adopting a single hound for yourself? There are many animals in rescue, and I'm certain you could find one who'd be happy to be an "only child." And again - you could still visit with Cali and Ori, and add your own hound to the mix for playtime!

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)