[Dailydrool] blessing of the animals

Noah Goslowah handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 20:19:12 PDT 2008

This is Roland.  I'm going to tell you a story that my cousin Stanley told me.  Stanley is a part shar pei, part ?.
Well, Stanley and his brudder Oliver the chihuahua went to the local Lutheran church for the blessing of the animals for St. Francis Day, because Oliver and Stanley be Lutheran dogs just like us.
Now Stanley used to be a nice boy, but now he has come over to the dark side, partly due to Oliver's influence.
So, Stanley and Oliver go to church with our auntie and uncle and moma and the auntie's kids.  Stanley starts goin' wild as soon as he gets inside, because he has never seen other dogs in the church. His dad walks him to the church every night to make sure the doors is locked, but there ain't never been other dogs there.So Stanley is makin' a total pest of himself yipping and hollering, and continues this throughout most of the service.  He peeks under the pews and even gets the puppy trainin' to be a service dog to start misbehavin'.  Meanwhile, Oliver is a perfect angel.
When the peoples go to take communion, the mom holds Oliver tight on his leash so he can't be sniffin' and poking around all the dogs between his seat and the altar, but Stanley is more or less free to sniff whatever he wants cause his dad lets him.  This doesn't go over so well with the other doggies, and some snarlin' ensues.

But the very best part is the actual blessing of the animals, which occurs outside on the grass.  Stanley and Oliver are pretty good boys for this, but a red setter mix goes up to the pastor and lifts his leg! It's a good thing this pastor is agile for an older guy and leaps outta the way of the pee stream!  Obviously that red setter was not a Lutheran!

Then, at the mall, some Lutheran lady who was at the church service said that she was bothered by "one dog" who was making a lot of noise.  That was Stanley. We are so proud!

Roland, OEBE Potentate
Janice Henry Colvin