[Dailydrool] And update and a thank you!

DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net
Thu Oct 9 16:04:20 PDT 2008

Recently I wrote to ask for advice about when to spay Zoe, and many of you wrote to me on the Drool or personally with advice, experiences, and information.  I thank all of you so much.  I read every word and read some of the words multiple times!  I Googled, and pestered my friends, and asked people from other rescue groups, and finally decided to go ahead with the spay.

Things went beautifully.  She was a little sleepy when she got home, but by the next morning she was her usual self.  She barely has a scar at all - a very small incision less than an inch long.  And she has never seemed to be in pain (thanks to pain meds the first several days).  And since she had the spay I think she has grown at least an inch taller, so it certainly hasn't stunted her growth!

The only problem I had was with one of my other dogs who kept growling at her the first day or so.  I finally figured out that she must smell differently.  Perhaps the anesthesia wore off, or the smell of the vet's office wore off, who knows what - the growling soon stopped.  But I did keep a careful eye out for the first little while.  Now the two of them are back to playing like linebackers.

So thanks again to all of you - I really appreciate your reaching out to a worried stranger with advice.

Debbie