[Dailydrool] Fw: The great escape!

Lou Ann Lex jumpnjojo at msn.com
Mon Oct 13 04:49:37 PDT 2008

On Thursday Momma and I went to my best friend, Baxter's house. He and I had
a great time running and playing in his huge fenced yard. It was 7:30 and
already dark when Momma said it was time for us to go home.  Baxter lives
with 2 cats; I love to chase cats!  I was trying really hard to be good, but
when we went out onto the screened-in porch, Billy, the black cat was
standing at the door waiting to come in the house.  He saw me and took off
running.  I couldn't get to him because he wasn't inside the fence or the
screened porch. My aunt said don't open the door the cat is outside. Momma
didn't see the cat or understand what auntie meant, sooo momma opened the
door.
I zoomed between all the legs at the door. Momma tried to grab me but of
course I was too fast for her to catch me. I ran across the grass over the
wood pile and across the big road. Ignoring all the voices calling me to
come back. I was hot on the trail of that cat. I was free! I was in the
mountains and all on my own. I followed that cat under the bushes around
trees. We went passed some dogs that were barking, I was barking at the cat.
I sure did have fun chasing that cat.
   While I was chasing the cat Momma, Auntie and my Uncle were calling me and looking in the woods for me. Momma even had her whistle and was blowing it like mad.  At home I always come when the whistle is blown, but out in the mountain air, hot on the trail of a cat, I just ignored it!  I wasn't worried about getting lost.  I could hear Momma calling me and at one point was close enough to her that she almost grabbed me.  I was having a merry ole time until I realized that Momma wasn't calling me anymore.  I couldn't hear or smell her anywhere. I started to get scared and decided being out in the woods in the dark by myself wasn't as much fun as I Imagined. I decided to head back to my auntie's house to see if I could find Momma.  Yep, there she and auntie were sitting in that screened porch.  They let me in and totally ignored me.  I was thinking I'd get a licking or at least a lecture, but they just sat there talking like nothing happened.  I could tell Auntie was mad, though.  She made Momma get in the car and then she grabbed my leash and put me in the back.  I swear there was steam coming out of her ears!!      When Momma and I finally got home, I figured she wasn't upset any more at least until Momma wiped me off with a wet rag looked at each of my feet and felt me all over.  I guess I got away easy, except the wet rag part.  Well, that's the story of my 25 minutes of freedom.  This is JoJo and I gotta go-go!