[Dailydrool] Dremmel

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:11:04 PDT 2008

I have one of these for human nails that I've considered trying on my
bassets. Elphaba doesn't like me to clip her nails, but she doesn't make too
big a deal out of it, and she forgets about the affront to her dignity about
30 seconds after getting her treat. Copper on the other hand has nails that
are at least 4 feet thick, are mostly black so you can't see the quick, and
splinter into 100 pieces when I go to clip them. This is also a very lengthy
process as he constantly struggles, despite being held down by Morgan who
only outweighs him by 20 lbs, screams at an increasingly louder rate as the
clipping progresses until at last he can be heard in Mexico, and never fails
to pull his paw away just as I'm about to clamp down on the clippers. He
makes such a fuss I'm surprised the downstairs neighbors have never called
animal control to tell them we're torturing a dog upstairs!

I'm not sure if either the pedicure set I have for humans, or the actual
Dremmel I have for jewelry making would work any better, but I think I may
give them a try. I'll let you know if I still have all my hair when I'm
done.

Brenda momslave to Elphaba (Nail clipping, oh if I must, oh look a treat!),
Copper (Heeellllp!  Someone call the authorities their torturing me!), and
Morgan (Come on mom, can't the vet cut their nails?)