[Dailydrool] Basset nails at vet's

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Mon Oct 13 16:44:39 PDT 2008

Lynne wrote: "I normally end of taking both to the vet, where I think
it's reasonable, but I don't have anything to compare it to because I've
used the same vet for over 10 years now. They charge $18 for a large dog
which is what Charlie and Barney are considered, but with that $18 also
includes bath, ear cleaning and anal glands if needed along with the nails."

That sounds *extremely* reasonable to me! Where do you live? I want to
move there! My Ethel's nails are so thick it takes both hands to squeeze
the clipper, which leaves me a hand short to hold her down or cram
peanut butter in her mouth. (No Dremel for her, the sound sends her into
a hysterics.)

As for the newest thing, Pedi-Paws, which is basically a Dremel with a
rotating plastic head that has different size holes for different size
nails -- I don't think so, at least not for most Bassets or any dog who
won't sit still. I received one as a gift and asked the giver to send it
back after I took a good look at it and read all the instructions. The
only dog of my 11 who would let me insert a nail into the hole has hairy
paws (Shih Tzu), which are a no-no for the clipper. And the largest hole
wasn't large enough for Ethel's nails, even if I could have gotten
anywhere near her with the clipper.

Riche
www.Bugler-bassethoundmagazine.com