[Dailydrool] Nail trimming Report

gottasend llv410 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 19:10:09 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I wrote this after trimming my friends dogs nails. She said I should share it with the drool.

Lisa
Mom to Olivia, Rosalee and wannabe Nikki

This is your nail trimming report ...

Date Preformed: 10/09/08

Time: 1:15 pm

Place: The Rudell Household

Procedure performed by: Lisa Valley

Report to follow -

Dog #1 VERY LARGE female Yellow Lab named Molly:
Subject was snoozing on couch right before nail trimming procedure commenced. Upon awakening Dog #1 found a weird inability to move her paw in the direction she wanted. Upon opening her eyes fully she found a human had hold of it. Baffled by the actions of this human she tried to reason with it to let her paw go using ear flicks and licks which had no affect. After multiple yanking and rolling maneuvers to free her paw from the humans grip she realized resistance was futile and complied with the humans wishes. Along with giving the human dirty looks to let her know that this was in no way shape or form a pleasurable experience for her, she made sure to grumble her displeasure during the whole procedure!! All nails were trimmed to specifications with no incidence.

** Note - Upon finishing Dog #1 had sudden urge to go outside.

Dog #2 LARGE female Tri Color Basset Hound named Sophie:
This subject was privy to the procedure through visual reference and after just witnessing Dog #1 undergoing said procedure was fairly sure this was NOT for her! While the human approached she tried all of the buttering up techniques known to her such as ears matted down to the sides of her head, tail wagging in a submissive manner, whining and even the powerful puppy dog eyes but it was to no avail. Once the human reached her and grabbed onto her foot she panicked! Screaming was her only possibility left so she tried it. IT WORKED!! but only for a moment as the human soothed the imaginary hurt. After which she was allowed to jump out of the chair down to the floor. Thinking she was free she hurried her steps only to find the human had blocked her escape route and was now positioning her for the procedure on the floor. She sat frozen and mute while the procedure was being performed. She had seen the other approach had no affect with Dog #1 and was
 hoping the silence would buy her leniency but no such luck! All nails were trimmed to specifications with no incidence.

** Note - As with Dog #1, Dog #2 had a sudden urge to go outside upon finishing.

All was forgotten after a treat and the subjects are now back to sleep in the chair.

I hope found this report to be thorough and possibly even a little on the humorous side.