[Dailydrool] Waddle on Saturday- Thanks to those who helped me

advocate50 at aol.com advocate50 at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 17:38:30 PDT 2008

Just want to say thank you to those who helped me to raise money for the Helping Hands Basset Rescue. I had high hopes to raise $600.00 but? it has been very difficult.I?think?that people are having a tough time making ends meet and that has hurt fundraising. So I started baking cookies and cranberry nut bread to take to sell at school. Everyone likes home baked goodies and so far so good. I ?feel like I can get a job in any bakery in town!

I just feel so bad for the Rescue organizations, trying to take care of homeless hounds on limited budgets. Anyone who has owned a basset knows what cream puffs they are and that they only want a warm bed & ?someone to love them.The cost of getting them well is huge. It is our job to help them.To all of the wonderful people who foster and care for these babies you should be recognized for what wonderful people you are. I know that you will be rewarded someday for your kindness. I hope someday I can do it too.

I hope all your hounds are doing well and I will?say a prayer for those who aren't feeling as good as they should and hope they are well soon.

Colleen, 17,?(waddling on Saturday with Abby, Basset Hound, age 2)

www.firstgiving.com/colleendoyle1