[Dailydrool] lost basset in KY/Ohio

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:44:50 PDT 2008

My daughter called me about an acquaintance who has lost their basset.

It happened in the vicinity of Big Bone Lick State Park in Northern KY.
They live  near there and think the basset wandered.  They have notified 78
vets in the area and run ads in 7 newspapers and contacted all the shelters
trying to find her. They have hundreds of flyers everywhere.

It happened Friday Oct. 10.

The basset answers to 'Sweet Pea', is about 3 1/2 years old, will go to
anybody, loves to play, housebroken, great with kids. She is a tri-color
basset. She is not micro chipped.  They are devastated.  The woman said her
husband has cried over it he is so upset.

>From what I can discern, this family searched in the park and then spoke to
a park ranger who told them 'a family pulled up in their car with a basset
that fits this description.  They told him they had checked all the
campsites and asked everyone if it was theirs.  Since no one claimed it at
that point they were taking it home with them. They claimed they found the
basset in the park and that it had no collar They declined to give the
ranger their name or phone number but he noted that they had Ohio license
plates as they drove off.'

At this point it may be that the people who found the basset want to keep it
and don't want it to be found because there are certainly enough vets,
shelters, and flyers out there to identify it, and they declined to leave
their name and number.

If anyone of you happens upon a 'new basset' in your neighborhood that fits
the description and the background story, I would appreciate it , if you
could let us know. I don't know what can be done but perhaps we can get the
family reunited with their Sweet Pea.

Thanks

Pat Mayer
--
Pwincess LilyGurl, Rudy- Protege to the pwincess,  and the rest of the
entourage