[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - Opie's OUT!

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Oct 16 19:02:02 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

That's right - Opie's OUT!  You know, like in baseball - he got three
strikes today and Dad said he is OUT!  No - not out of here - just in deep
trouble!  This is what happened .

This morning, Opie started out the day on the wrong paw - he got into Dad's
ugly green fenced areas where the baby grass is.  I got in there too - but I
didn't get caught - Opie got caught TWICE!  Dad yelled at him - but Opie
said - "SO!" and went right back in there.  Hoagie and Johnny tried to warn
him but he wouldn't listen - he thought it was a great game - until Dad came
to see what all the barking was about - then Dad went into the ugly green
fenced area and chased Opie out - STRIKE ONE!   But was Opie good the rest
of the day - Noooo!  A little while later, we were all out sniffing around
the big tree - just regular sniffin' - checking out where the squirrels were
burying the black walnuts - stuff like that.  Opie decided to start a little
dig going - the rest of said - NO WAY - NOT US!  So we went to another tree
- Opie came over there and started another dig.  We went to another tree -
here comes Opie again starting another dig.  Well, by the time we had
sniffed all the trees, Opie had dug about a nickzillion little holes in the
yard.  Yep! - Dad caught him - STRIKE TWO!  This afternoon, it got really
interesting.  You remember me and my rock??  Well, Opie likes rocks too!
Mom doesn't let us by the rocks anymore but Opie discovered a new source of
rocks - in the cement that holds the fence posts in the ground!  You guessed
it - he started digging up a fence post - and boy did he dig - he got a hole
going that went down about 12 inches - Dad measured it!  STRIKE THREE!

Tonight Opie is in lockdown - with limited outside privileges under strict
supervision - he is lucky he still has paws to dig with, according to Dad.
Mom just laughs and says "Isn't he cute??"  -- She'd better watch out or Dad
might put her in lockdown too - NOT!!  She's the alpha B***H - I mean boss!

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys