[Dailydrool] Drool and naughty bassets

julie haegele jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 20:38:56 PDT 2008

The SI girls are sending all sorts of drool for Daisy.  We hope she is feeling better very soon.  There was elk tonight to drool over and they all were happy to donate.

To the mom of the naughty basset: BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.  Sorry but your Lucy sounds like a tyical basset to me.  Over the years mine have helped themselves to many things like trash, any Christmas present left under the tree, pens, pencils, tomatoes, a whole frozen lasagna, half of a ham, drum sticks(the wooden kind), hand crocheted blankets made just for them, assorted footwear pieces, toilet paper rolls and kleenex, an entire bag of kisses, doorframes of the bathroom and laundry room, cabbages in the neighbor's garden, the corners of the ramp the DH built for Sunny to get into and out of the house, rabbits both large and small, hotwings with and without bones, whole loaves of white bread and sticks of butter, very expensive English wallpaper right off the wall, unopened peony buds off the bush which are said to be poisonous, and the list goes on.  Bassets are mischievious and will get into most things if given the time and opportunity.

The three we have now do not get into much when left on their own and we don't crate them.  Have had very bad experiences with that in the past.  These three even leave the trash alone for some reason.  At least until today.  Sunny never met a trashcan she didn't like and we could never ever leave anything in one she could reach.  Never undetestimate the craftiness of a basset.

We had an adventure tonight.  I had to meet the DH to get some elk meat he was cooking for a church dinner and I decided to take Ninja with me.  We are bonded at the hip most of the time and I cannot leave her sight.  Anyway, what was I thinking???  I was trying to get out of the door and asking son #2 to help hold the other two.  I almost made it out the door when Maggie bowled her way around us and was off down the street.  It is dark and I am screaming for her to come back and yelling at the son who is not helping.  I opened the door to put Ninja in the car and Maggie stops running, turns around and runs for the car.  She hopped in and was fine.  She just wanted to go for a ride.  Maggie never made a peep the whole time she was in the car.  Sat really still and was so good.  I know she was trying to figure out how to get to the elk meat that was in the back.

We are all tuckered out now and sleeping on the couch and chair.  Marley stayed home and is probably plotting some evil deed in retaliation at a later date.
Have a good night.

Snooters and licks from:
Ninja, Marley, Maggie with the Mom