[Dailydrool] Lance's 5th Gothcha Day

Laurie A Diehl diehllau at msu.edu
Fri Oct 17 06:40:22 PDT 2008

Yay! 5 years ago today I drove to Jackson, MI to pick up Mr. Lance Basset.
I'd just bought a house and felt that every house needed a dog. After
watching the nearby rescues I found Lance listed. He didn't cruise counters
and he didn't crash garbage.   He sounded perfect!

He was a handful and continues to be to this day.  He has baggage. He was
seemingly abused by a man in his past, but he trusts my father wholey. I
have to plan out new male introductions carefully, but he's usually quick to
warm up to someone who will offer him cookies and have him do one of his
silly tricks.  I don't know how many times we've been to the ER vet for
tummy troubles and once a hurt back, but I'm sure my credit card debt would
be a thing of the past if this warm furry guy wasn't in my life.  He's
totally worth every cent though. When I sit on the leather couch I bought
for him and he climbs in my lap, I know that I am unconditionally loved.

Happy Gotcha Day Bongo Boy!
See Lance on today's Daily Drool Calander, the best Sweetest Day gift I ever
got myself. He's my sweet company for lonesome nights.

Lance Basset and Laurie in Kalamazoo