[Dailydrool] Daisy update

Linda1annewhee at aol.com Linda1annewhee at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 07:02:18 PDT 2008

Just want to thank everyone for the drool they sent and encouraging  words.
Sometimes I feel so helpless and it helps to hear from others who  care.  I
took Daisy back to the vet last night as she wasn't much better  and they did
blood work.  Blood work showed elevated liver and pancreatic  enzymes and a
raised white blood count. The numbers weren't too high so vet  thinks it may be
pancreatitis.  She can't rule out some other bad stuff yet  but for now that is
what we are treating her for.  She stopped vomiting and  is eating a bit of
chicken and rice  She seems more alert and even wandered  the yard a bit this
am.  She also had apparently injured her back from all  the vomiting which
explained the posturing problem  We go back in 10 days  to recheck the blood values
to see if they have gone back down.  Please  keep her in your thoughts that
this isn't going to turn out to be something  bad.  She is acting better so I
am hopeful we have the right  diagnosis.  Thank you again for the lovely, kind
words and drool
                                                                 Linda and
the girls