[Dailydrool] The Inspector wins

Anne Savidge AnneSavidge at dcccd.edu
Fri Oct 17 07:31:16 PDT 2008

   I may have missed it, but I don't think my sister Susan mentioned it here, so I will tell everybody that my parents' basset, Inspector Clouseau (formerly Susan's foster Inspector Wrinkles) won first place in the costume contest at the St. Francis day pet blessing in Wimberley, Texas.

   My mother sewed him a simple, sage-green cape, modeled along the lines of a doggie raincoat, and found a way to attach a magnifying glass and pipe. She already had a deerstalker-style hat from when she lived in England more than 40 years ago, and the Inspector wore that, too. He was, of course, Sherlock Holmes!

   He was a big hit. Mom said there were only about 5 other dogs in costume, but the Inspector was the runaway crowd favorite. He didn't like wearing the hat very much, and he wouldn't stand still for a decent photo, but oh well. Mom said her vet has a Halloween party for the pets in his practice, and he has a costume contest, too, so she's going to take the Inspector as Holmes over there when it happens.

Auntie Anne