[Dailydrool] Basset Litmus Test

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 21:29:03 PDT 2008

I'm about 4 days behind on the Drools, so forgive me for the very general
Drool To All In Need. We hope there aren't many hounds or humans who need
it.

We discovered a good basset affection litmus test tonight. We had apple pie
and ice cream for dessert. Kit took his dessert into the living room. I
remained in the kitchen, doing dishes, with the remaining 3/4 of pie and ice
cream sitting, unguarded, on the counter behind my back. Humphrey took a
sniff of the dessert on the counter, looked at me, and then ran into the
living room to beg from his papa. Now we know which one of us is the easy
target.

(And by the way, Humphrey was right - when I came into the living room, he
was licking every last crumb from Kit's plate.)

-Rebecca the Strong, Kit the Pushover, Professor Bix the Picky, and Humphrey
the Thoughtful Beggar