[Dailydrool] Copper's Ears

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:44:28 PDT 2008

Thank's to everyone who sent drool and advice about Copper's ear issues. We
spent quite some time at the vet yesterday, and they did a very thorough
exam of both ears, including the uses of an angled otoscope, and cytology in
for each ear.  As I suspected, the one ear has only yeast, and the other,
the one that was bleeding, has yeast and bacteria. He's now on an oral anti
fungal, and ear drops that are a combo anti fungal and antibiotic.

Apparently the extra itching and scratching that he's been doing over the
last week is because of seasonal allergies. He had the exact same problem
this time last year. He had two pretty bad hot-spots, one on each rear outer
thigh area.  They shaved the area and cleaned and treated them, and we have
a cortisone spray to help them heal. He's also on prednisone for the next
three weeks, and benadryl for the next few months.

He was most unhappy with me over the whole thing, so he pouted most of the
night. Instead of climbing into my lap to snuggle like he does ever night,
he chose to climb into the teenageslaves lap instead. Once there he turned
on his most pathetic look which resulted in teenageslave lavishing him with
copious amounts of belly rubs, and feeding him bits of her dinner right off
her plate.

He kept looking over at me to make sure I understood that I was being
snubbed, and that he was working the pity for all it was worth. I swear if
it's possible to for a basset hound to smirk, Copper was smirking at me!

Drool to all in need.  Glad to hear Elder Clara is feeling better.

Brenda- momslave to Copper (I'm no fool I'm working the pity), Elphaba (I'm
riding the pity coatails.), and Morgan (teenageslave)