[Dailydrool] A New Rescue - Meet BHRQ

jkapanowski at wowway.com jkapanowski at wowway.com
Tue Oct 21 12:48:12 PDT 2008

Hey, Droolers!

Basset rescue has gone international!  I wanted to formally introduce you to
a new rescue, Basset Hound Rescue of Quebec, located near Montreal.  Its
founder, Helen Barrowcliffe, has been very active on the Daily Drool Message
Board, where she goes by the name “Nutmeg.”  Please visit and check out some
of her postings.  There are some great pictures of her own hounds and the
hounds that have come to her care through BHRQ.

In just under the year that its been in operation, word has gotten out about
them and BHRQ has been steadily receiving and successfully placing bassets.
Recent placements include a bonded pair of brothers named Victor and Columbo
and a beautiful lemon girl named MJ.

They also have a new little girl named Patatoo.  Patatoo just had her spay
surgery and surgery at the same time to correct ectropion, where the
eyelashes curve inward and scratch the eye.  They have also found out that
she will need surgery to correct a luxating patella.  The surgery is
scheduled for the end of November, the cost will be $1200.  Now, I know times
are tough right now, but if you could find it in your heart (and more
importantly, I guess, your wallet) to send them a couple dollars to help out
with this surgery, I know they would be beyond grateful.

If you’d like to check them out for yourself, their web address is
http://bassethoundrescuequebec.com/

If you’d like to make a small donation towards Patatoo’s surgery, here’s the
info you need:

PayPal:	 nutmeg at bassethoundrescuequebec.com

Or to save the administrative PayPal fee, a check could be sent to:

BHRQ,
PO Box 2021 ..
Rigaud, Quebec
Canada J0P-1P0

Please feel free to drop in and wish them continued success.  I've
(hopefully) attached some pictures of Patatoo.

Janet ‘n Twinkie
Pics of Patatoo:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk277/jkappy1954/Patatoo/Patatoo1.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk277/jkappy1954/Patatoo/Patatoo2.jpg